On 11th December, Gary Sambrook MP visited Colmers Farm to award Carla, in Year 5, her certificate for her Christmas card entry into his competition. Carla's design was one of the runners up in the competition. Her design will appear on the back of 700 Christmas cards that will go to people such as our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson. Well done Carla.
This week we have had our writing week at Colmers Farm Primary and we had something special planned for this. The stimulus for this was the launching of the Colmers Farm Teddy into space. Yes you did read right - we sent a real teddy into real space (or pretty close to real space). All of our classes got to watch the build up live and to ask questions about the launch and our brave bear's journey.
On the 3rd and 4th November, the children got to see all of their work from Big Arts Week displayed in an exhibition in the upper hall. Well done to all of the children and staff at Colmers Farm for working so hard to create this. You all did an amazing job. Unfortunately we were unable to have out parents in to see this.
WB 19th October 2020 This week was big arts week at Colmers Farm. Each year group focused on the art work of a particular artist and developed their artistic skills to produce art work in the style of these artists. These artists were: * Karel Appel - Reception * William Morris - Year 1 * Bridget Riley - Year 2 * James Rizzi - Year 3 * Peter Thorpe - Year 4 * Danielle Foye - Year 5 * LS Lowry - Year 6. All of the work produced was displayed in the upper hall and all of the children will have an opportunity to see this after the half term holiday.
21st October 2020 Today Year 4 were visited by the charismatic and hilariously funny Professor McGinty (the time travelling detective). This visit was to teach the children more about life during the Roman period in Britain, which is the topic Year 4 are currently studying. The children really enjoyed this visit and found out a lot of information. Professor McGinty was very impressed with Year 4's knowledge about this topic, their listening skills and with the quality of questions they asked.
12th October 2020 Year 5 have had a fun week taking part in Bikeability this week. Here the children first developed their mastery of bicycle handling in an off road environment. Once they had mastered this, some of our children were then provided with the opportunity to develop their road cycling skills also. These lessons are really important in helping our children to stay safe.
October 2020 At Colmers Farm, we have now launched our brand new KS2 pupil award called the SAGE award. This award is designed to broaden our children's experiences, to develop many of their personal skills (e.g. resilience, independence, strength of character etc), to broaden their aspirations and to reward our children for what they do both inside and outside of school. Please see the SAGE Award page of our website for more information about this fantastic new award.
On Wednesday Year 5 travelled to the National Space Centre in Leicester. It was a fantastic day, enjoyed by everyone who went. We were lucky enough to do explore so many wonderful things and we even saw a real rocket! We climbed 144 steps to get to the platform near the top of the rocket.
- 30th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 22nd Year 3 Singers Hill Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Mosque Visit
- 21st MAT School Parliament Podcasts (Little Leaders, Big Dreams)
- 13th Our 2023-2024 Big Arts Week Exhibition
- 10th Year 5 and 6 Residential
- 25th Year 1's Visit to the Black Country Living Museum
- 17th Year 6's Professor McGinty Visit
- 11th Year 4's Professor McGinty Visit
- 28th Our School's Parliamentarians' Visit to London
- 20th Fire Service Visit to CFPS
- 18th Year 3 and 5 First Aid Workshops
- 12th Rock Kids Visit
- 30th Reception Trip to Little Owl Farm Park
- 23rd Year 6 at the Big Bang Event
- 12th A Midsummer Night's Dream at CFPS
- 5th Year 4's Visit Kenilworth Castle
- 30th Easter Bonnet and Egg Dioramas
- 30th Spring Term Governor Award Assembly
- 27th House of Lords Q and A
- 2nd World Book Day 2023
- 29th Year 6 Cathedral Visit
- 23rd Year 3 Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Visit to Birmingham Central Mosque
- 4th Year 5 and 6 residential
- 28th Well Being Award
- 27th CFPS Jubilee Day
- 25th Pathway to Podium Silver Award
- 18th Year 3's Visit to Birmingham City Centre
- 4th Perry the Bull visits Colmers Farm
- 30th Uniform Consultation Results
- 17th Congratulations Tiegan
- 14th PlayMakers Training
- 14th Christmas Theatre Performance
- 9th Governors' Award Assemblies
- 8th Uniform Consultation
- 24th Year 3's Synagogue Visit
- 23rd Year 6's Visit to St Philip's Cathedral
- 22nd Year 5's Mosque Visit
- 5th Year 1's visit to the Black Country Museum
- 21st Professor McGinty Visits Year 4
- 8th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 5th Year 3 First Aid Training
- 1st Accelerated Reader Competition Winners
- 27th Our new art and design and technology studio
- 14th MAT Annual Report to Parents
- 5th First Aid Training
- 21st RSE (Relationships and Sex Education) Consultation
- 5th All you need to know about school during lockdown
- 10th Writing week at Colmers
- 5th Our Big Arts Week Exhibition 2020
- 3rd Big Arts Week At Colmers Farm