Ethos & Values
At Colmers Farm Primary School, we want all of our pupils to be happy, safe, successful, confident and independent learners.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive and nurturing community where everyone is made to feel welcome and valued.
We aim to:
- Foster a sense of belonging, enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning within a supportive and nurturing community.
- Provide a broad, balanced, creative and challenging curriculum, enabling opportunities for all pupils to develop both essential skills as well as a positive attitude towards learning.
- Support pupils' emotional health and well-being.
- Provide a safe, respectful, caring and happy environment where every pupil is valued regardless of race, religion, sexuality, gender or disability and where every pupil respects these differences.
- Develop aspirational attitudes within our pupils.
- Encourage awareness of the school as a community within the wider community we serve.
- Provide opportunities which develop our pupils' abilities to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Encourage pupils to lead healthy lifestyles.
- Maximise the partnership potential between home and school by valuing the contribution both make towards the development of our pupils.
- Celebrate pupils' achievements.
- Encourage pupils to accept personal responsibility for their own behavioural choices and to be caring and sensitive towards the needs of others and the environment.
All staff, parents and children are expected to reflect the principles of our values at all times.
At our school, we expect all of our pupils to follow the three school rules: