As part of their World War 2 topic, our Year 6s visited RAF Cosford. Here they got to 'show off' their knowledge and learning from this topic. They were also able to find out more information about some of the different military equipment used and what life was like for the general population during this conflict. Our Year 6s thoroughly enjoyed this visit.
Today was our Christmas jumper day and as part of this we collected items for our local food bank (B30 Foodbank). We were delighted to collect such a sizeable amount of produce, which we know will make a big difference to so many families, during what can be a very challenging time of the year. Thank you to all of our community for your generosity with this collection. Our two proud head pupils with our donated items
After our Year 3 and 5 year groups visited places of worship last week, this week it was the turn of Year 6. They went to visit Birmingham Cathedral (St Philip’s) on Colmore Row in Birmingham. This is part of the children’s current RE topic which is Christianity. This Cathedral was built in the 1700s and is one of the smallest cathedrals in the UK.
On Wednesday, Year 3 visited Singers Hill Synagogue to enhance their learning of Judaism. They were given a detailed tour, by Warden Geoffrey, who showed them all around the fantastic building. The children were very excited to listen as he explained to them the different parts of the synagogue and their significance. The children were even allowed to look in the ark and to see the Torah scrolls up close!
On Wednesday, Year 5 visited Birmingham Central Mosque. This was part of their RE topic about Islam. We were thrilled with how enthusiastic the children were during their visit. We were lucky enough to visit the community room, classroom and prayer hall where we learnt up to 4000 people can go to pray at any one time.
This week, 48 pupils from Years 5 and 6 and 5 intrepid members of staff went on Colmers Farm Primary School's first ever residential to Boundless Outdoors Bell Heath Centre. Residential experiences are something we are passionate about at Colmers Farm School and this forms part of our Colmers Farm Primary Guarantee (click for more details regarding this). We believe that this is something that as many of our pupils as possible should experience and this will now hopefully be an annual event on our school calendar. The memories from this experience our pupils will always carry with them.
Big Arts Week This year for Big Art week, we took part in ‘Take One Picture’ which is a national programme for primary schools led by The National Gallery in London which aims to inspires a love of art and a love of learning. Every year, The National Gallery chooses one painting from its collection of paintings for primary schools to focus on . This year the focus painting is ‘Surprised’ by Henri Rousseau. The children then create their own artwork inspired by the painting.
On Monday, Year 3 had an amazing experience, as part of their Amazon Rainforest topic, when some rainforest creatures came to visit our school. The children recalled facts about the layers of the rainforest and its climate before getting close to a tarantula. A giant millipede crawled its way across some of our hands whilst a snake slithered across others. A giant land snail left its mark before we met some friendly rats.
On Friday, we had a fire engine visit Colmers Farm Primary School to check they can access our site. At Colmers Farm, we are always looking to utilise every possible learning opportunity, and this was an opportunity that was too good to pass up. We therefore rather cheekily asked whether our Year 2s (who are currently learning about the Great Fire of London) could have a tour of the engine. The fire service very kindly obliged.
At Colmers Farm, we believe that all of our pupils should receive first aid training whilst they are at our school. As part of our Colmers Farm Primary Guarantee, we ensure that our pupils receive their initial training in Year 3 and that this is revisited and refreshed in Year 5. Today our Year 3 and 5s received their first aid training. They all took this training very seriously and their attitudes during these were exemplary.
- 30th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 22nd Year 3 Singers Hill Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Mosque Visit
- 21st MAT School Parliament Podcasts (Little Leaders, Big Dreams)
- 13th Our 2023-2024 Big Arts Week Exhibition
- 10th Year 5 and 6 Residential
- 25th Year 1's Visit to the Black Country Living Museum
- 17th Year 6's Professor McGinty Visit
- 11th Year 4's Professor McGinty Visit
- 28th Our School's Parliamentarians' Visit to London
- 20th Fire Service Visit to CFPS
- 18th Year 3 and 5 First Aid Workshops
- 12th Rock Kids Visit
- 30th Reception Trip to Little Owl Farm Park
- 23rd Year 6 at the Big Bang Event
- 12th A Midsummer Night's Dream at CFPS
- 5th Year 4's Visit Kenilworth Castle
- 30th Easter Bonnet and Egg Dioramas
- 30th Spring Term Governor Award Assembly
- 27th House of Lords Q and A
- 2nd World Book Day 2023
- 29th Year 6 Cathedral Visit
- 23rd Year 3 Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Visit to Birmingham Central Mosque
- 4th Year 5 and 6 residential
- 28th Well Being Award
- 27th CFPS Jubilee Day
- 25th Pathway to Podium Silver Award
- 18th Year 3's Visit to Birmingham City Centre
- 4th Perry the Bull visits Colmers Farm
- 30th Uniform Consultation Results
- 17th Congratulations Tiegan
- 14th PlayMakers Training
- 14th Christmas Theatre Performance
- 9th Governors' Award Assemblies
- 8th Uniform Consultation
- 24th Year 3's Synagogue Visit
- 23rd Year 6's Visit to St Philip's Cathedral
- 22nd Year 5's Mosque Visit
- 5th Year 1's visit to the Black Country Museum
- 21st Professor McGinty Visits Year 4
- 8th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 5th Year 3 First Aid Training
- 1st Accelerated Reader Competition Winners
- 27th Our new art and design and technology studio
- 14th MAT Annual Report to Parents
- 5th First Aid Training
- 21st RSE (Relationships and Sex Education) Consultation
- 5th All you need to know about school during lockdown
- 10th Writing week at Colmers
- 5th Our Big Arts Week Exhibition 2020
- 3rd Big Arts Week At Colmers Farm