Year 3 really enjoyed their trip into Birmingham City Centre. The children had researched landmarks as part of their history and geography topic before the visit. They were then the tour guides during the visit, sharing all the information they had remembered. Year 3 began their tour at New Street Station and took in the sights of the Rotunda, Bullring, Lord Nelson’s statue, Selfridges and St.
We are all very excited at Colmers Farm about the Commonwealth Games being held in Birmingham this year. On Wednesday this week, our Year 3 and 4 children had a special assembly about the Commonwealth Games. They also welcomed to our school a very special visitor - Perry the Bull who is Birmingham 2022's official mascot.
Over the last few weeks, our KS2 pupils and their families have been busy creating egg dioramas as part of our school's Easter celebrations. We are lucky to have so many creative pupils and their families at our school and the standard of entries was eggceptionally high. Our KS1 school council chose the winners and went to classes to present the winners with their prizes. We hope that all of our families enjoyed working together on these.
A huge well done to our Year 3, 4 and 5 Panathlon team, who managed to beat the other 3 schools in our trust to win this MAT competition at King Edwards School. We are all really proud of you all. Congratulations!
Just before half term, we held a competition in school to celebrate Internet Safety Day. Our children were asked to create a poster at home which promoted this year's Internet Safety Day message of respect and relationships online. Thank you and well done to everybody who took part in this competition. Our winning entries are below.
This week we have had our Big Arts Week Exhibition so that our pupils could see all of the wonderful work that was produced from across the school before half term. Each year group had a continent for Big Arts Week which was the focus for their art work. Reception - North America Year 1 - Africa Year 2 - Europe Year 3 - South America Year 4 - Antarctica Year 5 - Asia Year 6 - Oceania Due to Covid, we were unfortunately unable to have our parents attending our exhibition. We have however created the video below to showcase our pupils' work.
After our Rights Respecting School Assessment today, we are incredibly proud to announce that we have successful gained the Silver Rights Respecting Schools Award. This is a fantastic achievement for our school. Thank you to Miss Boyle for leading on this award and to our staff and pupils for promoting and demonstrating the Rights Respecting School's Values so consistently within our school. For more information about Rights Respecting Schools please visit the our school section of our website and click on Rights Respecting Schools.
Thank you to everyone who responded to our recent uniform consultation. We really appreciate your input. Please find below a summary of the responses and our school's response to these. Consultation results and response
Back in November, some children from our school entered Gary Sambrook MP's Christmas card competition. The standard of entries received by Gary Sambrook MP was really high and all of these entries will be displayed at different venues around his constituency. We are delighted though that the winner of this competition was from our school. A huge well done to Tiegan in 3T, who collected her certificate and her design as a Christmas card from Gary Sambrook MP today.
On Tuesday, some children from Year 4 and 5 took part in PlayMaker training. This training day was to enhance their leadership skills and teach them how to organise playground games for younger children. The children had a great time working in different teams, and developed skills that could be used to teach and lead others. Our pupils excelled themselves and lead amazing sessions for our Year 2 children in the afternoon.
- 30th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 22nd Year 3 Singers Hill Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Mosque Visit
- 21st MAT School Parliament Podcasts (Little Leaders, Big Dreams)
- 13th Our 2023-2024 Big Arts Week Exhibition
- 10th Year 5 and 6 Residential
- 25th Year 1's Visit to the Black Country Living Museum
- 17th Year 6's Professor McGinty Visit
- 11th Year 4's Professor McGinty Visit
- 28th Our School's Parliamentarians' Visit to London
- 20th Fire Service Visit to CFPS
- 18th Year 3 and 5 First Aid Workshops
- 12th Rock Kids Visit
- 30th Reception Trip to Little Owl Farm Park
- 23rd Year 6 at the Big Bang Event
- 12th A Midsummer Night's Dream at CFPS
- 5th Year 4's Visit Kenilworth Castle
- 30th Easter Bonnet and Egg Dioramas
- 30th Spring Term Governor Award Assembly
- 27th House of Lords Q and A
- 2nd World Book Day 2023
- 29th Year 6 Cathedral Visit
- 23rd Year 3 Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Visit to Birmingham Central Mosque
- 4th Year 5 and 6 residential
- 28th Well Being Award
- 27th CFPS Jubilee Day
- 25th Pathway to Podium Silver Award
- 18th Year 3's Visit to Birmingham City Centre
- 4th Perry the Bull visits Colmers Farm
- 30th Uniform Consultation Results
- 17th Congratulations Tiegan
- 14th PlayMakers Training
- 14th Christmas Theatre Performance
- 9th Governors' Award Assemblies
- 8th Uniform Consultation
- 24th Year 3's Synagogue Visit
- 23rd Year 6's Visit to St Philip's Cathedral
- 22nd Year 5's Mosque Visit
- 5th Year 1's visit to the Black Country Museum
- 21st Professor McGinty Visits Year 4
- 8th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 5th Year 3 First Aid Training
- 1st Accelerated Reader Competition Winners
- 27th Our new art and design and technology studio
- 14th MAT Annual Report to Parents
- 5th First Aid Training
- 21st RSE (Relationships and Sex Education) Consultation
- 5th All you need to know about school during lockdown
- 10th Writing week at Colmers
- 5th Our Big Arts Week Exhibition 2020
- 3rd Big Arts Week At Colmers Farm