A few months ago we entered a song writing competition (ran by the Rage Arts Primary Theatre Company) to create the lyrics to songs for a theatre production of the Nutcracker. A few weeks ago, we were delighted to find out that we had won this competition. A huge thank you and well done to our winning budding song writers who were: Rennzo (in class 4J) Carol (in class 6B) Who both won book vouchers. We also got two school prizes.
This week, we held our Governors' Award Assemblies. This is an event that we hold termly at our school. For this event, we choose one winner from each of the year groups in the following three categories: * Governors' Award for being a fantastic role model to others; * Governors' Award for improving the well being to others; * Headteachers Award for excellent achievement and progress. Choosing winners for these awards is never an easy task, as we have so many children who could have been selected for each of these.
Parents, we are always eager to hear your insights about our school. Today, we are hoping that you will be able to provide us with your views about our current school uniform by completing a very short questionnaire as part of a consultation (available via the link below). Parental school uniform questionnaire This questionnaire will close on Friday 17th December. Thank you for taking the time to complete this.
As part of their studies about Judaism, our Year 3's visited Singers Hill Synagogue. The staff at the synagogue were very complimentary about our Year 3's knowledge, questions and the way they represented our school on this visit. Well done Year 3!
At Colmers Farm, we are working hard to promote the acceptance, respect and understanding of others who may have different faiths or beliefs to ourselves. This is part of our 'No Outsiders' approach to teaching equality. At our school, every year group (from Years 2-6) visits a different place of worship each year, which reflects a different religion. These visits link with the RE topic each year group are studying.
As part of their RE studies about Islam, Year 5 visited Birmingham Central Mosque. Year 5 had the opportunity to explore this building and find out about its features and how people of a Muslim faith use this building to practise their faith. The children and staff all really enjoyed this visit and learnt a lot about Islam and mosques during it. These visits are important in developing children's knowledge, tolerance and respect for others from different faiths, as we prepare our children to live and work in the multi-cultural world in which we live.
Year 1 visited the Black Country Museum as part of their Houses and Homes topic. Here they got to visit a Victorian school and they met a very strict Victorian teacher. They also visited some Victorian shops, some Victorian houses and many other places. Our Year 1s represented our school magnificently whilst on the visit.
On Thursday, Year 4 were visited by the one and only Professor McGinty (the Amazing Time Traveling Detective). This visit was to reinforce the children's learning and knowledge about their Roman topic, which is their focus for this term. The children really enjoyed this visit and Professor McGinty was very impressed at the end of the day with the knowledge the children demonstrated throughout his shows and also with the quality of their questions which they were asking. Well done Year 4!
Year 3 today had a visit from Zoolab. This visit was organised to compliment their studies about the Amazon Rainforest. During this session, the children (and our staff) got to learn about, see and handle a range of animals which are native to this rainforest including rats, snakes, tarantulas, frogs and many more. Our Year 3s really enjoyed this session.
If you ever need first aid at Colmers Farm, Year 3 is now the place to visit. Year 3 this week had their first aid training day where they learnt how to deal with a range of injuries, along with how to put people into the recovery position, how to do CPR and what to do if somebody is chocking. Our Year 3s really enjoyed this training and those children I spoke to afterwards had certainly learnt lots. At Colmers Farm Primary School, we believe passionate that all of our children in their time with us should receive first aid training.
- 30th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 22nd Year 3 Singers Hill Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Mosque Visit
- 21st MAT School Parliament Podcasts (Little Leaders, Big Dreams)
- 13th Our 2023-2024 Big Arts Week Exhibition
- 10th Year 5 and 6 Residential
- 25th Year 1's Visit to the Black Country Living Museum
- 17th Year 6's Professor McGinty Visit
- 11th Year 4's Professor McGinty Visit
- 28th Our School's Parliamentarians' Visit to London
- 20th Fire Service Visit to CFPS
- 18th Year 3 and 5 First Aid Workshops
- 12th Rock Kids Visit
- 30th Reception Trip to Little Owl Farm Park
- 23rd Year 6 at the Big Bang Event
- 12th A Midsummer Night's Dream at CFPS
- 5th Year 4's Visit Kenilworth Castle
- 30th Easter Bonnet and Egg Dioramas
- 30th Spring Term Governor Award Assembly
- 27th House of Lords Q and A
- 2nd World Book Day 2023
- 29th Year 6 Cathedral Visit
- 23rd Year 3 Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Visit to Birmingham Central Mosque
- 4th Year 5 and 6 residential
- 28th Well Being Award
- 27th CFPS Jubilee Day
- 25th Pathway to Podium Silver Award
- 18th Year 3's Visit to Birmingham City Centre
- 4th Perry the Bull visits Colmers Farm
- 30th Uniform Consultation Results
- 17th Congratulations Tiegan
- 14th PlayMakers Training
- 14th Christmas Theatre Performance
- 9th Governors' Award Assemblies
- 8th Uniform Consultation
- 24th Year 3's Synagogue Visit
- 23rd Year 6's Visit to St Philip's Cathedral
- 22nd Year 5's Mosque Visit
- 5th Year 1's visit to the Black Country Museum
- 21st Professor McGinty Visits Year 4
- 8th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 5th Year 3 First Aid Training
- 1st Accelerated Reader Competition Winners
- 27th Our new art and design and technology studio
- 14th MAT Annual Report to Parents
- 5th First Aid Training
- 21st RSE (Relationships and Sex Education) Consultation
- 5th All you need to know about school during lockdown
- 10th Writing week at Colmers
- 5th Our Big Arts Week Exhibition 2020
- 3rd Big Arts Week At Colmers Farm