The World Reimagined Project
Since May, pupils in our Year 5 and 6 art club have been working on a project called ‘The World Reimagined’. This a UK-wide art education project featuring globally-recognised artists to transform how we understand the Transatlantic Trade in Enslaved Africa and its impact on us all. It is not ‘Black History’, it is all of our history. Primary schools involved in the project have been exploring and celebrating ‘Mother Africa’.
Equality Video for Commonwealth Games
Over the last few weeks, our Year 6s have been busy putting together a video to highlight inclusion. This is something that we strongly believe in at our school. It is an important part of our school's ethos and curriculum. This video was shown at Pride House as part of a project for the Commonwealth Games to show all visiting athletes, officials and delegates that everybody is welcome in this great city and country of ours.
Well Being Award
Over the last year we have been working towards gaining the Wellbeing Award for Schools through Optimus Education. We are very please to announce that after our final assessment today, we have gained this award. This award focuses on changing the long-term culture of the whole school, using an evidence-based framework to drive change. It aims to ensure that mental health and wellbeing sit at the heart of school life.
CFPS Jubilee Day
As part of our celebrations of the Queens' Platinum Jubilee, we held a number of special events. This included a dress in red, white and blue day and a special dinner time picnic on our field. Fortunately, the weather was perfect for this event and everybody really enjoyed it. Throughout the week, in our art lessons, pupils created art work of the Queen.
Pathway to Podium Silver Award
We are proud that our PE provision at Colmers Farm has gained us an award – The Pathway to Podium Silver Award. This award celebrates our school’s contribution to Physical Education, school sport and physical activity and supports schools to improve their offer further for the benefit of children at our school. Thank you to Miss Jennings, Miss McCarron and Mr Latham for their hard work in helping us to gain this award.
Year 3's Visit to Birmingham City Centre
Year 3 really enjoyed their trip into Birmingham City Centre. The children had researched landmarks as part of their history and geography topic before the visit. They were then the tour guides during the visit, sharing all the information they had remembered. Year 3 began their tour at New Street Station and took in the sights of the Rotunda, Bullring, Lord Nelson’s statue, Selfridges and St.
Perry the Bull visits Colmers Farm
We are all very excited at Colmers Farm about the Commonwealth Games being held in Birmingham this year. On Wednesday this week, our Year 3 and 4 children had a special assembly about the Commonwealth Games. They also welcomed to our school a very special visitor - Perry the Bull who is Birmingham 2022's official mascot.
Our Eggcellent Egg Diorama Egghibition
Over the last few weeks, our KS2 pupils and their families have been busy creating egg dioramas as part of our school's Easter celebrations. We are lucky to have so many creative pupils and their families at our school and the standard of entries was eggceptionally high. Our KS1 school council chose the winners and went to classes to present the winners with their prizes. We hope that all of our families enjoyed working together on these.
A huge well done to our Year 3, 4 and 5 Panathlon team, who managed to beat the other 3 schools in our trust to win this MAT competition at King Edwards School. We are all really proud of you all. Congratulations!
Safer Internet Competition 2022 Winners
Just before half term, we held a competition in school to celebrate Internet Safety Day. Our children were asked to create a poster at home which promoted this year's Internet Safety Day message of respect and relationships online. Thank you and well done to everybody who took part in this competition. Our winning entries are below.
- 30th Easter Bonnet and Egg Dioramas
- 30th Spring Term Governor Award Assembly
- 27th House of Lords Q and A
- 2nd World Book Day 2023
- 29th Year 6 Cathedral Visit
- 23rd Year 3 Synagogue Visit
- 22nd Year 5 Visit to Birmingham Central Mosque
- 4th Year 5 and 6 residential
- 28th Well Being Award
- 27th CFPS Jubilee Day
- 25th Pathway to Podium Silver Award
- 18th Year 3's Visit to Birmingham City Centre
- 4th Perry the Bull visits Colmers Farm
- 30th Uniform Consultation Results
- 17th Congratulations Tiegan
- 14th PlayMakers Training
- 14th Christmas Theatre Performance
- 9th Governors' Award Assemblies
- 8th Uniform Consultation
- 24th Year 3's Synagogue Visit
- 23rd Year 6's Visit to St Philip's Cathedral
- 22nd Year 5's Mosque Visit
- 5th Year 1's visit to the Black Country Museum
- 21st Professor McGinty Visits Year 4
- 8th Year 3 Zoolab Visit
- 5th Year 3 First Aid Training
- 1st Accelerated Reader Competition Winners
- 27th Our new art and design and technology studio
- 14th MAT Annual Report to Parents
- 5th First Aid Training
- 21st RSE (Relationships and Sex Education) Consultation
- 5th All you need to know about school during lockdown
- 10th Writing week at Colmers
- 5th Our Big Arts Week Exhibition 2020
- 3rd Big Arts Week At Colmers Farm